See the Good – Lisa Ryan
On this episode of Mere Mortals Unite, we interview Lisa Ryan, who has discovered a way to find something good in every situation through her practice of gratitude. Lisa has used this as a basis to teach organizations that with a change in vocabulary and practice, a workforce environment can transform into a place where people want to be productive and engaged. Lisa will explain to you the practice of creating five “thank you’s” each day. It doesn’t take a lot of time, but the rewards are worth every moment of effort. She’ll even touch on the importance of how we receive a compliment, a part of the process you might not have considered. Come join us on this episode and see how you too can find an opportunity lurking almost everywhere.
- How Lisa describes her superpower.
- Why being let go from her job was the beginning of a transformation for Lisa.
- A compelling story of how Lisa helped employees in a sewer district be more productive and appreciative to one another.
- How leaders can use the “apology approach” to foster more gratitude in their organizations.
Five ways to create “thank you’s” every day:
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Send a thank you note in response to something specific.
- Write a letter of appreciation to someone telling them how you feel about them and the difference they have made.
- Verbally thank people.
- Meditate by focusing on the good things in your life.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Connect with Lisa Ryan on Skype via username “mygrategy”
Sign Up for Business Culture Insights and receive
7 Practices for a Happier Workplace