Power of Movement – Rochelle Rice
On this episode of Mere Mortals Unite, we interview Rochelle Rice. Rochelle Rice, CSP, AS is a nationally-recognized speaker, author and educator – with a passion for empowering lives through movement.
Rochelle knows the importance of listening to your body, all the time, not just when it hurts. She explores the importance of inviting your physical body to participate in your life. She shares specific ideas for men and women in the art of carrying your body around that aligns with your body structure. Rochelle recommends three simple steps each day; Movement, recognizing there is more than going to the gym, journaling & prayer, some sort of mindfulness and a focus on what is working in your life. Your body is with you your whole life. Be kind to it and have it work for you not against you.
Rochelle is the only woman in the world to hold both the Accredited Speaker designation from Toastmasters International and the Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association. A former professional jazz dancer, Rochelle embraces the Health at Every Size® paradigm. She is the author of Real Fitness for Real Women. She has appeared on Fox News, ABC World News Tonight and the CBS Early Show.
- There’s more to movement and exercise than the gym
- How to fall in love with your anatomy
- Helpful hints on how to stand to feel more powerful
- Movement you make during your normal day that is exercise
- What to do with the gap between intention and action
- To learn how to honor your body
- Specific steps to take to create a partnership with your body
Interview Links & Other Resources
Sign Up for Business Culture Insights and receive
7 Practices for a Happier Workplace