Listen Generously for Cultural Change
If you’re a business leader who has built a strong company over a long period of time, it’s easy to coast on your past success. But my guest today has done the exact opposite. Three years ago, he began to implement a new strategy of focusing on the fundamentals and bringing more fun and engagement into the workplace. His company is stronger than ever, and on today’s show he shares exactly how he did it.
I’m excited to bring you this interview with Greg Newell, President of Nave Newell, a land development consulting firm. The company has 35 employees and has been in business for 25 years. During the last three years, Nave Newell has seen fantastic growth due to new strategies that Greg has been using. He has helped to create an environment of teamwork, fun, and engagement, and on today’s show he takes us through this process. Nave Newell is building on the fundamentals, both literally and figuratively. I’ve known Greg for several years now, and I must say that if I were looking for a job, I’d look here! Listen in and take your company to the next level!
Greg’s bio: Greg Newell is President of Nave Newell, a multi-discipline consulting firm that specializes in land development. Their workplace encourages employees to participate in open communication and often brainstorm ways to improve ways to grow their business. With the incorporation of their own set of fundamentals, the Nave Newell Way, they have created a strong foundation for who they are as a company.
- The Nave Newell Way: unique approach at Nave Newell that has made a big difference by focusing on relentless improvement, constant coaching, and working on the fundamentals.
- The purpose, details, and impact of the weekly all-staff meeting.
- What it means to be a good listener.
- How Nave Newell keeps family first.
- Why the idea of a disconnect between home and work life is a myth, and how company culture can improve every part of an employee’s life.
- Why listening generously is so important to effective leadership.
- The importance of daily teaching and coaching.
- Why Nave Newell has a Director of Fun, and what they do to help create a positive culture.
- How the company’s unique culture has helped retain and recruit excellent team members.
Interview Links and Other Resources:
Email Greg: email@example.com
Businesses that Care on C-Suite Radio
Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your PEOPLE Like FAMILY by Robert Chapman
iTunes – Subscribe, Rate & Review
Free downloadable resources to enhance your workplace culture.