Humor at Work – Andrew Tarvin
I’m very excited to have my good friend, Andrew Tarvin, with me today on Mere Mortals Unite. Drew is the only guy I know who was an engineer by day and an improvisational artist by night. He’s combined the two to create his company, Humor that Works.
Drew and I both know that happiness doesn’t come from success, but that happier people are more successful. One way to be happier is to bring more humor into your life. You don’t have to be the one telling jokes. As Drew notes, you can be a shepherd of humor. We’re doing just that by having links in the show notes to great videos that will make you smile.
Drew has some great ideas to make life more fun, such as gamifying processes you do every day … for instance, reading your emails in an accent. You just have to find what motivates you. Prepare to hear some great ideas and find out why it’s good to know what Disney princess you are.
Bio: Andrew Tarvin is the world’s first Humor Engineer. He teaches people how to enjoy their jobs more while doing them better. He has worked with thousands of people from 200+ organizations, including P&G, GE, and Microsoft, on topics ranging from mastering office communication to humor in the workplace.
- The benefits of using humor in the workplace
- Why most challenges in the workplace can be solved by applying humor to the situation.
- Andrew’s surprising career background, and how he used humor to engage and inspire people.
- How Andrew incorporates humor into his everyday life.
- How Andrew gamifies his days and weeks
- One of Andrew’s favorite puns.
- Several actionable steps to bring humor into your life.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Humor That Works by Andrew Tarvin
Sign Up for Business Culture Insights and receive
7 Practices for a Happier Workplace