Find the Lighter Side of Life – Jason Kotecki
Do you need more child-like play and curiosity in your life? Do you fall into the trap of taking life much too seriously? (We’re calling it “adult-itis.”) It doesn’t take much for the weighty issues of adulthood to steal our enthusiasm. It is possible to have the responsibilities of an adult, and also embrace the playful side of life. That’s what we’re focusing on today. It’s time to lighten up and this episode will help you do just that!
Jason Kotecki is a professional reminder-er and permission-granter who moonlights as a speaker, author, and artist. He loves reminding people how to fight “adult-itis” and to find the lighter side of life. Doesn’t that sound enlightening? Join us!
Jason’s Bio: Jason Kotecki is a professional reminder-er and permission granter who moonlights as an artist, author and speaker. He enjoys Star Wars, soft t-shirts, and brand new tubes of paint. He and his wife Kim (a former kindergarten teacher) have made it their mission in life to help people break free from Adultitis to build better lives, businesses and teams. Jason works with organizations to beat burnout and become more innovative by breaking rules that don’t exist.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Jason’s super power: tinkering
- What tinkering is and how it can transform your life
- How tinkering uncovers unexpected paths and amazing things
- Drawbacks to a business plan
- How tinkering fosters child-like curiosity and wonder
- Stories of tinkering
- Jason’s year-long Tinker Project for 2016: 100 new pieces of artwork
- Small steps you can take to make changes NOW! (Jason shares examples!)
- Permission to stretch yourself without fear
- Jason’s work as professional reminder-er and permission granter
Interview Links & Other Resources
Sign Up for Business Culture Insights and receive
7 Practices for a Happier Workplace