Dynamic Networking – Meridith Elliott Powell
On this episode of Mere Mortals Unite, I‘m speaking with Meridith Elliott Powell about Dynamic Networking. It’s not just about making the rounds in a room full of people. Meridith shares some valuable skills on making your time beneficial by not placing the focus only on yourself. A true connection is made when you follow the 80/20 rule—20% of the time the conversation is about you and 80% of the time it’s about the other person.
This power of connection doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Meridith says you have to be intentional, and she gives a number of great ideas about doing that. Some of the easiest actions you can take can also help you reap the greatest rewards. You gotta work it, though, and Meridith tells you how.
Voted one of the Top 15 Business Growth Experts to watch by Currency Fair, Meridith Elliott Powell is an award-winning author, keynote speaker, and business strategist. With a background in corporate sales and leadership, her career expands over several industries including banking, healthcare, and finance. Meridith worked her way up from an entry-level position to earn her seat at the C-Suite table. She is Certified Speaking Professional, a designation held by less than 12% of professional speakers, and a member of the prestigious Forbes Coaching Council.
- The benefits of networking and making connections.
- Why your goal in connecting must be to help the other person, not just help yourself.
- An incredible story of how a simple invitation to connect over lunch turned into a great business opportunity for Meridith.
- Why people want to help you when you first help them.
- The key truth that in this economy, all you’re selling is relationships.
- Actionable steps to network and connect with others.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Sign Up for Business Culture Insights and receive
7 Practices for a Happier Workplace