Simplify Your Message for Successful Communication – David Friedman
Have you given much thought to the way we communicate? If what we say or write isn’t understood, then what does it accomplish? My guest today can help!
David Friedman is the author of Fundamentally Different. He runs High Performing Culture, which helps CEO’s be more intentional in their communication and simplification skills. He’s here to teach us about communication skills and how simplification might just be the key to getting your message across. Join us for more!
David’s Bio: David Friedman is the Founder and CEO of High Performing Culture, LLC (HPC). His company helps organizations to create, drive, and maintain high performing cultures, with a proven system that’s straightforward, practical, and easy to use. In the last 4 years alone, he’s led more than 200 workshops for more than 2500 CEOs. He also serves as a consultant to dozens of companies around the country.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- David’s superpower: the ability to simplify complex topics so people can understand and use them
- Why do we communicate? To be understood
- How David tries to make things simple
- How to be better at simplification:
- Look at the world from another perspective
- Give information and explain how to “file” it
- The curse of knowledge (from Lee LeFever’s book)
- Taking the big picture view
- Rituals that can increase our simplification
- Why you need an intense awareness of how you communicate through writing and speaking
- How to use clear communication to build trust and increase sales
Interview Links & Other Resources