Seeing Funny or Being Funny, It's Your Choice – Karyn Buxman
Are you a humorous person? Do you see the world through the lens of humor? My guest today explains why “seeing funny” is more important than “being funny.”
I’m thrilled to introduce you to my good friend and mentor, Karyn Buxman. She’s an international speaker, author, and neuro-humorist who enhances the lives of leaders of many industries with her education, entertainment, and inspiration. She has over 25 years’ experience in researching the effects of humor on physical and mental health. Perhaps most importantly, she never fails to make me smile! Join us!
Karyn’s Bio: Karyn Buxman, CSP, CPAE is a highly successful speaker, author and neurohumorist (find out what the heck that means!). While her classmates were dissecting frogs, Karyn was dissecting humor. Her mission in life is to improve global health and business through laughter and to heal the humor impaired.
- Karyn’s superpower? (Did you guess it?) HUMOR!
- How humor helps with resilience, communication, and engagement
- Why few people are strategic and proactive about humor
- Physiological and psychological benefits of humor
- Prominent researchers and their findings about humor’s effect on the immune system and the cardiovascular system
- How humor in business increases likability, trust, and leadership
- Why humor can be a tool or a weapon
- Misconceptions about using humor
- Why humor is much more than laughing and telling jokes
- Negative ways that people use humor—like bullying
- Positive, proactive, and constructive humor
- Your sense of humor CAN be developed—Learn to use it!
- How humor helped with Karyn’s personal experience with her son’s illness
- The consistency of humor on a daily basis
- Do you have a “humor buddy”?