Love with Full Intelligence – Nic Marks
One of the most enduring questions of the human race is “What is love?” Is it an emotion? An action? A choice? A feeling? How does it relate to our thinking? Our guest today helps us clarify this misunderstood topic and shows us how to love with full intelligence.
Nic Marks joins us from England, where he is the CEO of Happiness Works and a board member of Action for Happiness, a charity campaigning for a happier and more caring world. Nic has been an advisor to the government of the UK, spoken at the TED global conference, and hung out with the Dali Llama. You’ll want to hear what he has to say about love, choices, and relationships.
Nic’s bio: Nic Marks helps organizations build happier, more productive workplaces. Described as a “Statistician with a Soul” because of his unusual combination of ‘hard’ statistical skills and ‘soft’ people skills, he draws on scientific evidence to show that everyone benefits when businesses take happiness seriously. Nic founded Happiness Works, an innovative tech-based business with offices in London and San Francisco, to be the catalyst in changing the world of work for the better. Nic is an in-demand public speaker. Undoubtedly his favorite talk of the year was in a circus tent at the Wilderness music festival.
As well as being the CEO of Happiness Works, Nic is a board member at Action for Happiness, a charity campaigning for a happier and more caring world whose patron is the Dalai Lama and a Fellow of the New Economics Foundation.
- What it means to “love with full intelligence,” and the benefits it brings to your life.
- How systems change us much more than we realize.
- The importance of creating good choice sets.
- How “loving with full intelligence” helped Nic make a tough choice to leave an organization and stay true to his work.
- Why happiness should be a key performance indicator of every business.
- Nic’s daily practice of walking, and how it helps him to think clearly and love with full intelligence.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Happiness at work survey (free trial)
Action for Happiness & the Dali Llama
Follow Happiness Works on Twitter
Mere Mortals Unite on C-Suite Radio
iTunes – Subscribe, Rate and Review
Sign Up for Business Culture Insights and receive
7 Practices for a Happier Workplace